• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Music you have been listening to - no videos. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music you have been listening to - no videos.

Whenever I click on the other music thread - the one with all the videos - my computer freezes and I have to log out of the internet or even turn the computer off. So, here's a thread for words and not videos.

I have been listening to the following things on ewetube:

Cowboy Dreams, by Prefab Sprout

Goodmorning Starshine, by Oliver

Cherish, by The Association. I forgot about this song until I saw it whilst looking for something else.

Here Comes My Baby, Cat Stevens

Zabadak, by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch

Softly Whispering I love You, by The Congregation

Vincent, by Don McClean
    Be proud of who you are and never let yourself down. Nitram Nagev.

Re: Music you have been listening to - no videos.

Eve of Destruction, by Barry McGuire

Bird on a Wire, by Leonard Cohen

Summer Wine, Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood

Mexican Whistler, by Roger Whittaker

Jolene, by Dolly Parton

Both Sides Now, by Judy Collins

California Dreamin' by Mamas and the Papas

Er, absolutely nothing from the last 35 years.

Bladerunner

Comment

I've just listened to Cat Stevens singing Ruby Love and Silent Sunlight. They are very good. I don't think I've heard them before. And I listed to him singing The First Cut is the Deepest. I didn't know he wrote it. And at the age of 17.

Comment

Albatross - Fleetwood Mac
        Little Lies - Fleetwood Mac
        Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac
        The Highwayman - Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks
        Babooshka - Kate Bush
        Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush
        Moonlight Shadow - Mike Oldfield/Maggie Reilly
        Betty Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
        Stop - Sam Davis
        She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
        Good Thing - Fine Young Cannibals

Had never heard 3, 4, 9 or 10 before.

Comment

Aylssa Reid - Alone Again

Adele - 21 (whole album)

Ed Sheeran - + (whole Album)

U2 - With or without you

Comment

I've just watched a video on youtube of a Shaolin monk doing some exercises. It is accompanied by beautiful music. Give it a couple of minutes to let the music get into its stride. Watch it in full screen and you can imagine being there on a sunny day.

Shaolin Yi Jin Jing Muscle & Tendon Changing Classic

ht--tp://w--ww.youtube.com/watch?v=hIg0_NK1OoI

It reminded me of the Ancient Art Silk-Weaving Exercises I used to do. I learnt them from a book called The Kung Fu Exercise Book, by Michael Minick. I bought it in about 1975. It cost 40 new pence then.

The exercises have names like Two Hands Push the Sky, Black Tiger Straightens Waist, Pushing the Moutain.

They are said to exercise and strengthen the internal organs by the stretching and massaging effects of the movements.

I will write a bit more in the What Kind of Exercise Do You Do? section.

This link is to post 378 in the above thread:
            http://www.thesaucyvegan.com/showthr...d=1#post140839

Comment

I've been listening to some songs by the great Buddy Holly. He was dead by the age of 22.

It Doesn't Matter Any More
              Every Day
              True Love Ways
              Heartbeat
              Words of Love
              Love is Strange
              Not Fade Away
              That'll Be The Day
              Rave On
              Oh Boy
              Crying Waiting Hoping

I hadn't heard this last one before.

Comment

I've just watched some theme music videos on youtube. I watched one and then clicked on links to others I know. it started when I searched for the Ghost Squad music.

Ghost Squad. I remember this music and sometimes whistle it. I don't know how I know it because we didn't have a telly when it was on in 1961. Perhaps I heard it at a friend's house. I had a vague idea that it was about secret agents but I see from the video I've just watched on youtub (Ghost Squad ITC.wmv) that it was about a section of Scotland Yard.

From there I saw a link to the Danger Man theme. This starred Patrick McGoohan in the days before he became Number 6.

Then the theme from Man in a Suitcase. I used to watch this every week. The main character reminded me very much of myself - tough, resourceful and adventurous.

Then the theme from The Champions. Not as good as I remembered it.

White Horses, by Jacky. The telly series was made in some European country and dubbed into English. I don't recall what it was about except that it was set in a stables that bred white Lipizaner horses.

Belle and Sebastien, another foreign one that was dubbed into English. This was about a young French or Swiss lad and a dog in the Alps. There were many foreign series shown on children's telly in those days. Some very strange ones from eastern (Communist) Europe. One was called The Singing, Ringing Tree. It was very strange and probably would have frightened young children.

Alias Smith and Jones.

Comment

Kiss Me, by Sixpence None The Richer.

There She Goes, by The Las.

Song For Whoever, by The Beautiful South.

Only You, by the Flying Pickets.

Paint it Black
                  and
                  Let's Spend the Night Together. Both by The Rolling Stones. The old black and white films of them.

And then I saw a link to As Tears Go By, by Marianne Faithfull, so watched it.

Comment

Whenever I click on the other music thread - the one with all the videos - my computer freezes and I have to log out of the internet or even turn the computer off. So, here's a thread for words and not videos.
                    That was probably my fault for listing a whole playlist inline. Oops, I got carried away. I would edit that post to reduce the number of videos, but the option to edit goes away after a brief time period. You may edit it down to one video if you have access as a moderator.

You could also link to your videos in this topic, so we knew which version was being referred to (there can be several on the video site).

Comment

I revisited Siouxsie and the Banshees after watching the clown movie I mentioned, because the accordion music reminded me of their hit song Peek-a-Boo. I had not realized it was about oral sex, but this is pretty obvious now. I feel used (I thought it was about childsplay, not paying much attention to the lyrics). Methinks most pop music is sinister like that.

Comment

That was probably my fault for listing a whole playlist inline. Oops, I got carried away. I would edit that post to reduce the number of videos, but the option to edit goes away after a brief time period. You may edit it down to one video if you have access as a moderator.

You could also link to your videos in this topic, so we knew which version was being referred to (there can be several on the video site).
                        We'll see what BWM says when she gets back.

Comment

(I thought it was about childsplay, not paying much attention to the lyrics). Methinks most pop music is sinister like that.
                          I don't usually pay attention to the words of songs. I like the sound of the song 'Golden Brown'. Then someone told me it is about drugs. And a song I mention in this thread - 'There She Goes' - is also, apparently, about drugs.

Comment

We'll see what BWM says when she gets back.
                            She told me you were a moderator. Is this a hidden power that you are unaware of, like that of a budding superhero?

Comment

I don't usually pay attention to the words of songs.
                              Me either, but one song has only become more and more true since it was written: Spirits in the Material World.

Comment

Working...
                              X